Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A misunderstanding?

Maybe there is a misunderstanding today about the law, ten commandments, the prophets and the Bible. Some think the ten commandments, the prophets and the Bible itself are not applicable in modern times. I've had someone tell me that their church believes the Bible but not all of it. They believe it is a good religious book that was written a long time ago, it's just not relevant today for our modern churches that try to reach today's generation. What do you think?

Here is what Jesus said in Matthew 5:17-19 nlt

17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. 19 So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment