Monday, January 21, 2013
A New Year
Wow 2013! What will I do in this new year that God has given us to see and be apart of, Or maybe the question we should ask is what does God want me to do with this new day in this new year?
The first thing that comes to mind is what God says through Moses in the Bible, in Deuteronomy 6:1-5
1-2 This is the commandment, the rules and regulations, that God, your God, commanded me to teach you to live out in the land you’re about to cross into to possess. This is so that you’ll live in deep reverence before God lifelong, observing all his rules and regulations that I’m commanding you, you and your children and your grandchildren, living good long lives.
3 Listen obediently, Israel. Do what you’re told so that you’ll have a good life, a life of abundance and bounty, just as God promised, in a land abounding in milk and honey.
4 Attention, Israel!
God, our God! God the one and only!
5 Love God, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that’s in you, love him with all you've got!
I want to focus in on vs. 5 a moment, Israel was beginning a new chapter in their journey to the land that God had promised them. Just like we are beginning a new year in our journey with God or in our relationship with God. God is saying to me and you as we enter this new year to love God, with your whole heart, with all that's in you, with all you got!
I used to play middle school football and what ever drill or play that we were running the coach would say "come on Jordan give me all you got", "don't hold back, dig deep, give it all to me", you see I would have a tendency to slack off some plays and not block hard or run very hard. The coach was just encouraging me "to give it all you got" your team needs you. If you have begun a relationship with God through his son Jesus Christ then in this new year and this new day God is saying to me and you "Love God, your God, with your whole heart..." That means get to know him better, read his word more, take walks with him more, talk to him more, praise him more than you did last year. You and I can apply this to our new day in 2013. Don't just live it out seeking whatever you want to do and looking for more stuff to make you feel good. Put God first in your life in this new year!
If you haven't begun a relationship with God then you can do that right now where ever you are, just talk to him and tell him this. God, I'm sorry for my sin, for making a mess, please forgive me. I want to begin a relationship with you. I believe in your son Jesus Christ, that he lived on this earth, died and three days later rose up from the grave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment