Friday, March 16, 2012
So Blessed - Part 5
Hello, as I was thinking about today's devotion I thought about how so blessed I am to be forgiven! You see I have this thing in me that wants to repay meaness for meaness or stay away from those that are hard to love when I know God's word tells me to love my neighbor; as in Romans 13:8-10 “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” We can also look at Leviticus 19:17-19 “Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."
Today's verse is from Matthew 5:7 It's about specific things in the Bible that God says he blesses us for today. 7 "God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy."
After studying this word "mercy" a little bit I find that the biblical meaning of mercy goes way beyond just showing kindness or compassion, it is taking the time to listen to and understand why they are hard to love or why they are being mean to me. Then show the same unconditional kindness, compassion, and forgiveness that God has shown you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment