Thursday, February 23, 2012

So Blessed - Part 4

Hello, as I was thinking today about my sons upcoming wedding I was overwhelmed with feeling so blessed in how God can miraculously join two people together and make a family forever in this life as in Gen. 2:18-24 Think with me about this for a moment, We have been looking at some specific things that God says he will bless us for. Today look at Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. That word righteousness means Justice or right standing, as in when you are saved you are declared righteous. God’s Word says (Romans 3:20-26 NIV) "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin. {21} But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. {22} This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, {23} for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, {24} and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Jesus says if me and you will hunger and thirst for this justice or right standing with God we will be filled or satisfied. When I'm hungry I go looking for food, I start looking everywhere, I've got to find it. When I'm thirsty I start looking for a drink and I look until I find it. Do we hunt for that righteousness or right standing with God like a hungry man looking for food or a thirsty man looking for water? If we do then God says that he will bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment