Thursday, February 16, 2012

So Blessed - Part 2

Hello to all, it's a rainy Thursday here and I've been reflecting on God's blessings today. First I thought of how God has so blessed me with my very special wife of 38 years. I thought of how after my son Matthew went to be with the Lord in August 1995 I sensed God's call to enter into a life of ministry with him. At my pastors leading I enrolled in Bible College to begin training for what God might want me to do. I was so blessed thru the study of God's word and my classes. Our family continued to grow and love God together through our special local church. God opened the door for me to work with some other very special folks that were called into ministry to open a counseling center in our community working through our chuch. God so blessed me, my family and the ministry over those eleven years. During those eleven years of doing school work and working at the counseling center, God opened a door at our church for my wife and I to work with a nearly and newly wed ministry and we were so blessed through working with those young couples. Then at the lords leading we began to plan to start a new church from scratch in the town where we raised our family. We named the new church Real Life which reflected a life with Christ. During the two and a half years of the existance of Real Life, God so blessed us as the church came alive and people worshiped the Lord together. God so blessed us as people came and gave their life to Christ and were baptised. God so blessed us thru the childrens ministry that my wife led. Today I'd like to look at another verse that Gods word says he specifically blesses. Matthew 5:4 says God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. This mourning that Jesus was talking about here is mourning over sin and mourning over the loss of life and loved ones. This verse has been so true in my life as I have mourned over my sin and mourned over the loss of our son Matthew. God comforted me through his word and thru his holy spirit. Have you mourned over sin? Your sin, others sin, maybe a family member or a coworker, or maybe a teenager struggling with sin? God will comfort you if you seek his wisdom and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment